I recently noticed how my makeup started looking better as the day went on since using this tip my sister shared with me. I will be sharing my makeup routine through this blog post with you guys because it has survived this Middle East heat from 10am application through 12am!
A common mistake we all make is not letting our moisturiser or primer sink in before applying our foundation and concealer. I noticed that no matter what primer I used or even when switching moisturisers my base would still oxidise and start separating in certain areas of my face.
From the most expensive primer to a drugstore one they all didn't seem to last in this heat longer than 4 hours. I had my sister do my skin and foundation routine for me and I noticed that day my application was flawless through out the whole day and she used exactly what I did. Below I will list in order.
prepped skin with Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream
This was left to set for about 60 seconds
Prime skin with YSL touche eclat blur primer
(use with fingers)
Leave for 60 seconds (in this time foundation was being mixed and matched)
Apply Estee Lauder double wear foundation with fingers and the blend with a beauty blender
This application process was around 1 minute long because the more time you spend on your base everything else is quicker and comes together easily.
Apply YSL Neutralizing corrector in apricot bisque for my under eyes, blended with fingers
Using Tom ford concealing pen with the sponge applicator to go over under eyes. Blended with Micro Blender
Using a large powder brush Swirl it into MAC studio fix powder foundation compact and set whole face.
7) in between at a facial mist to keep the skin looking refreshed and not drained looking.
use only powder products for contour, blush and eye shadow.
9) Contour with Too Faced chocolate bronzer
10) Liquid highlighter to strobe - longer lasting and can be used over powder if you press in using fingers. Benefit Cosmetics Sun Beam.
11) Fill Brows in with brow powder - Smashbox Brow tech shaping powder is amazing for summer heat.
12) Curl lashes and apply waterproof mascara - Christian Dior Dior show waterproof mascara
using a waterproof mascara after lash curlers will help keep the curl.
13) After applying powder blush, buffing technique is used to set the final look.
14) Spray Urban Decay All Nighter spray.
This is my every day makeup and waiting in between applications has helped the lasting power and it doesn't get oily. It's not always about what you are using, it's how you use it.
Hope you all have a glam summer, Sonia x