Lash growth and my mascara recommendations

6 comments
Hey everyone, it's Sonia! Anyone that knows me knows that I am a huge lash person. I have naturally very small, fine lashes so from as long as I can remember I have been trying out mascaras so you can say I have tried every mascara out there...if not every, then most!

So last year I started using Rapid Lash, it's a lash growth serum. I only got it to try and I started using it every night before bed on my top and bottom lashes. I saw a difference after the third month! I'm a falsies person so I will wear falsies all the time, I wear natural looking ones with a thin band so they don't feel like I have any lashes on.

I always curl my lashes before applying mascara and i use the Kevyn Aucion lash curler - the best one out there! it keeps my lashes curled all day. Once I started to apply mascara I noticed the change in my lashes instantly! I have been on the hunt for the best mascaras out there for short fine lashes and here are my faves...

1. My all time favourite is MAC zoom fast black lash - This mascara lengthens and thickens without making them clumpy. LOVE this for my bottom lashes, it separates my lashes and it's super black! my number one mascara that I always restock on.


2.  L'oreal Miss Manga Lash Lengthening Mascara - gets to every lash and i love the way the wand goes through my top lashes. I love the creamy formula of it and it gives my lashes that spikey effect that I love. You can keep building with this product and it's inexpensive.


3. Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara - it does what it says on the tube! makes my lashes look like falsies. I use the black one and it comes in a brown too. I like the jumbo wand on this mascara, the bristles on the wand coat the lashes fully with only two coats. 


4. Benefit They're Real - everyone's fave! love everything about this mascara, the wand, the colour, the formula, the fact i can apply as many coats as possible and it wont make my lashes look like insect legs. This one is the one I travel with because I have the mini one for travel, super cute and never fails to make my lashes look full and super black.

These are my own opinions on the mascara's that I have used, just a quick review. 


Sonia xx
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

6 comments

  1. I want to try the mac mascara, as ive heard even kim kardashian uses it!
    ive got a question to ask you two girls, as i cant seem to find an answer anywhere online, and i think you two would be best to ask!

    I am of indian/asian skin tone, around nc30 in mac, however no colour stays true to my skin.
    I have literally wasted 500/600 pounds on all sorts of foundations from dior airflash, nude skin, forever, laura mercier silk creme, mufe 127 and 140, nars stromboli, mac studio sculpt, loreal, maybelline, armani 6.5, clarins, estee lauder,bobbi brown and lancome photgenic luminessence etc.
    Nothing stays true to colour and always oxidises on me! and they always end up looking grey.
    I know for a fact that i am not pink toned, as when i use a foundation with pink tones i end up looking grey and wierd.
    If i go too light in foundation it looks wierd and i look grey, and if i go too dark it looks orange and after a few hours looks dull.
    I cant seem to find a solution at all and i have a full drawer of half used foundations which dont match me. even adding food colouring into foundations dosent help either, and that goes orange on my face too.

    I used to have oily skin and my foundations oxidised then, and I now have dry skin due to my accutane medication - so dry i dont have to powder ever, or never look oily, and it still ends up looking grey.
    I exfoliate my skin twice a week, and do masks etc, but nothing seems to work.

    mufe hd 140 and 127 are not yellow enough and not dark yellow undertones as described on sephoras site.
    nothing seems to be working for me? is there anything i can do to keep my foundation colour true to what it comes out as in the bottle?
    i have tried primers such as no7 airbrush away and maybelline babyskin and benefit porefessional but i dont get on with them as they are silicone type. However i have dior airflash primer and laura mercier oil free and they seem ok but i dont feel that they help my foundation colour stay as it did fresh out of the bottle.
    what can i do/what do you reccomend to stop my skin looking dull and sallow, or even looking orange.
    I am nc30 in mac, but that is too orange for me aswell.
    for example maybelline 220 fit me seems fine at first, a tad dark but then looks absolutley awful and greyish and muddy after a few mins.

    I moisturise with embryollise too.

    thank you so so so much if you answer this.
    I have wasted too much money, watched too much youtube videos, bought too many products, and still cant find a solution:( i need expert advice.

    Thanks so much, Aqsa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if the girls have replied but have you tried the Ex-1 foundations. They've been specially made with asian skin and undertones in mind and it's the best foundation for asian skin because of this. They sell them in Topshop and it's not expensive at all

      Delete
    2. Have you tried Korean products ?

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love your blog posts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blogs they are so helpful :)I have a Charlotte Tilbury Haul on my blog www.zairacantara.blogspot.o.uk

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig