A tan really completes a make-up look

7 comments
We have been obsessed with tanning since we were around 13/14 because we live in England and there is barely any sun here and we look so washed out! For years I have been trying to find a decent fake tanning product that didn't make me look like an oompa lumpa or something that wasn't expensive. I've tried every tanning product you can think of and Fake Bake was my fave but it was really pricey. Thank god we discovered this tanning brand called Million Dollar tan, it smells amazing and leaves the most beautiful natural glow! On Sonia we used the tanning lotion that builds up gradually, I applied it with a tanning mitt. There's a face tan and a body one, we saw results the next day. I loved the tan so much I decided to do a glow make-up look because I knew the make-up would look so effortless against the tan.

http://www.milliondollartan.com/


First we prepped Sonia's skin and used a Karuna face mask (Karuna skin care is amazing) The clarifying one. After I used Nivea moisturiser and let that sink in and then used Benefit porefessional primer. To conceal and highlight I used the Motives Cosmetics color perfection quad in medium dark to highlight under the eyes and the dark to contour the hollows of the cheeks, jaw, sides of the nose and sides of forehead I then applied foundation using my fingers I literally just 'Dot' Laura Mercier Moisture supreme foundation (Vanilla beige) all over her face and them using a damp Beauty Blender I blended the foundation out with the contour and highlight, I choose to do it this way because it gives a subtle finish and doesn't look took harsh.

To set the base I used Laura Mercier loose powder with a powder brush, I left some under the eyes so it could catch any fall out from when I do the eye-shadow. I primed the eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. The first color I used on the lid was Pearl by motives, the inner tear duct color I used was Blizzard by Motives and using a pencil brush I did a subtle sort of cut crease using the color cappuccino blending it out. I then used a Bobbi Brown Eye Liner Brush to apply Little Black Dress Gel liner by Motives Cosmetics extending out only a little to create a slight wing. In the water line I used NYX jumbo pencil in Milk with a flat square eye brush to create more detail because I extended the white out to join with the black wing. I then swept off the under eye loose powder with a MAC #224 brush and with another flat square brush I got some black shadow and lightly pressed it on the bottom lash line. I curled her lashes and gave them a few coats of Tarte Cosmetics Mascara on top and bottom, finishing the lashes off with Huda Beauty lashes in Giselle on top and Alyssa on the bottom lash line.


These lashes are currently available at Sephora in the Middle East
        
I filled her brows with an angled brush using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder in soft brown. I set the Contour on her nose and cheek bones with Java contour powder by Anastasia Beverly Hills, dusted very lightly. Using Kiko Cosmetics eyeshadow in Light Gold I highlighted the cheekbones and brow bone (this product gives a beautiful glow!) On the apples of her cheeks using circular and stroke motion to apply Blush Baby Blusher by MAC blending it with the highlight.

I lined the lips with Urban Decay Wallflower lip liner and also filled the whole lip with this liner adding MAC creme d nude lipstick blending it together with the lip-liner using a lip brush. Lastly I sprayed some FIX + by MAC - this feels refreshing as well as taking away the cakey powdery look on your make-up and sets it!



I hope you enjoyed this post! I tried my best to remember every detail and product I used as well as linking you guys to each product so it's easier to find rather than searching for it. Majority of the links are for UK people :) xxx



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

7 comments

  1. Love it. You explain every detail really good. Keep doing this, you are so talented and your sister is one of the most beautiful girls i have ever seen. Xoxo from Colombia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing Sonia! So glad I found you on Instagram...you and your sister are beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. I really like this look!

    xo
    www.mrnmrs.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously your really helpful with the tips and tricks only discovered you few weeks ago and I'm hooked :) www.zairacantara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your work so much and am in awe of your talent! This was such a helpful post. I'd love to have my make up done by you!

    www.lilyroselo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol!! i did the biggest doubletake over the product image of the lashes -- "heyy those are my sheets!" I had to go all the way back in my blog to see if it was the same photo!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig